What is Singapore Comic Con?
Singapore Comic Con (SGCC), previously known as Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention (STGCC), is Southeast Asia’s ultimate celebration of the best of Western and Asian pop culture. From toys, collectibles, comics and esports to cosplay, there is something for everyone to experience.
SGCC continues to curate the best of toys, comic and gaming content from across the globe to keep things fresh for fans with new exciting activities, such as fan based zones, cosplay competitions and an esports arena featuring local and regional leagues.
Creators are also at the heart of what we do and SGCC hopes to inspire talents from the region. By providing a platform in which to showcase their new projects and gain invaluable industry knowledge, SGCC aims to match these creators with publishers on the lookout for exciting new content.
We hope that fans will continue to extend their love and support towards us, as we enter a new phase in the journey of SGCC.
How big is Singapore Comic Con?
Singapore Comic Con attracted a total of 50,000 footfall from the region in 2 days! We played host to 156 participating brands and were attended by over 267 media that featured us online, in print and broadcast!
Who is the Organiser?
Singapore Comic Con is another epic event by ReedPOP. ReedPOP also runs New York Comic Con (NYCC), Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2), Emerald City Comic Con (ECCC), Penny Arcade Expo (PAX), West, East, South and Australia, Star Wars Celebration, BookCon and more.
Before we deep dive into the nitty gritty details, here are some of the common questions that our fans are always asking! Before you hit the FB messenger button, perhaps we already got your answers below.
HOURS AND LOCATION
What are the hours at Singapore Comic Con 2019?
- 7th December, Saturday: 10am - 8pm
- 8TH December, Sunday: 10am - 8pm
- 7th December Saturday 8am - 7:30pm
- 8th December Sunday 8am - 7:30pm
*Convention timings are subject to change.
Merchandise Collection Booth
- 7th December, Saturday: 10am - 7pm
- 8TH December, Sunday: 10am - 7pm
Where is Singapore Comic Con 2019?
Singapore Comic Con is held at Marina Bay Sands – Sands EXPO and Convention Center. Level 1, Halls A, B and C. You can take the Downtown line to Bayfront Station and head to Marina Bay Sands at 1 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018971.
TICKETING & ADMISSION
Where to buy tickets and/or official event merchandise?
- Tickets are available for purchase at https://www.reedpopsupplyco.com.sg/
- Retailer Ticketing Outlets: More information will be released at a later date
- Tickets are also available onsite for purchase
Who needs a ticket?
- All attendees 13 years old and above will need a ticket to enter SGCC on Saturday and Sunday. Kids that are 12 years old and below can enter the convention for free, only with parental accompaniment.
What are the ticket types for sale?
Check out the different ticketing types here.
What is an Early Entry Pass?
Add on the Entry Entry Pass with the purchase of the SGCC ticket. The Early Entry Pass earns you a 30 minutes entry to the show hall before the SGCC Main Entrance is opened to the masses. You will get to enter at 9.30am instead of 10am.
Limited quantities of the Early Entry Pass will be released for purchase. The purchase of Early Entry Pass is only valid with a purchase of SGCC ticket.
How to collect merchandise?
Merchandise purchased can be collected at the SGCC Merchandise Booth between 7 & 8 December 2019, 10am – 7.30pm.
Why doesn’t SGCC have a VIP Ticket Package anymore?
You’re all VIPs in our eyes! In the spirit of having a more equitable experience for all fans on the show floor, we have removed SGCC VIP Ticket Package.
However, we understand that adapting to changes is hard. This year, we have launched limited quantities of Early Entry Pass for purchase to ease through the transitions.
I can’t find my purchase confirmation email. Can you help?
Please check your Junk Mail to see whether the purchase confirmation email has been diverted there. If the email is missing from both your Inbox and Junk Mail, do flag it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and state your name, contact and email address that you have used for your online purchase. And we will resend the confirmation email.
Can I refund my tickets or merchandise?
- Singapore Comic Con tickets are strictly non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- We don’t offer refunds and exchanges on any merchandise purchased from our shop.
Are there any admission rules?
- Singapore Comic Con is a ticketed event. Purchase of ticket is required to gain entry.
- Ticket prices include 7% GST.
- Ticket is exchangeable for a wristband at the counter as proof of entry. Please ensure that everyone in your group is present for the wristband collection if you have more than one ticket.
- Please ensure that your wristband is worn at all times for re-admission.
- Unfortunately, lost, taped and/or broken wristbands will not be replaced. Note that attendees 13 years old and above will need a wristband to enter SGCC on both Saturday and Sunday and are subjected to identification checks.
- SGCC tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- SGCC wristbands are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- The wristband does not include guaranteed admission to separately registered SGCC workshops and special events.
- Note that seating and autographs are not guaranteed.
- All SGCC attendees are responsible for any risk, harm or loss or property sustained while attending the event, and waive all rights to lay claim for damages results from any cause whatsoever either before, during or after SGCC.
- SGCC merchandise is non-refundable.
Is there a Locker Room?
- Sorry, SGCC does not provide storage services at this time.
Can I bring my pets?
- We love animals too but please leave your furry friends at home. The Marina Bay Sands management does not allow pets – except for service animals – into the building.
I have a medical condition /am not feeling well. Who do I look for assistance at the event?
- Please locate our staff nearest to you for assistance. You may also email us at email@example.com for guidance prior to the show.
Why conduct security checks
As part of keeping our show safe for our Fans, Exhibitors & Guests, SGCC is implementing Security Checks which include Bag Checks & Body Scans for all visitors to the show.
When & Where
The check points will be located prior to entry to the exhibition areas. Visitors who leave the exhibition area and return will also be required to go through security checks again.
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us. Prior to visiting us, you are advised to review the following:
Should you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or approach us at the Exhibitor Service Centre (ESC) during the show hours.
Be Cool & Have Fun!
Be nice and have fun with your fellow SGCC fans! Any behaviour that is offensive in public should be kept out of our convention.
Fanboy & Fangirl Safety
We don’t want anybody to get hurt. Walk, don’t run, especially when you’re getting an autograph or a hot new exclusive toy. Pushing and shoving is not cool at all.
SGCC staff and security have the right to ask you to leave the event premises and refuse to refund the cost of your ticket if you are behaving inappropriately.
Cosplay 101 – Naked is Not a Costume!
SGCC appreciates our cosplayers’ costume making skills and love seeing your beautiful and exciting cosplay. However, we’d appreciate if our cosplayers dress decently. Indecent exposure, overly revealing costumes and nudity are not welcome at the convention.
Peace & Security
No functional weapons can be brought to SGCC. Your costume weapon may be confiscated at any time if you are handling it in a way that is deemed threatening.
Harassment of any kind, including stalking, deliberate intimidation, unwelcome physical attention/assault will not be tolerated. To read up more about our harassment policy, please
Keep your Stuff Close
While we don’t want anyone to lose anything, SGCC is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property, and/or injuries sustained during the course of the convention
Keep it Clean
Please do not abuse the convention facilities. This includes putting signs on walls or litter in the convention hall, smoking in the convention hall, amongst a variety of other things.
Photography, video recording and audio recording are generally welcomed at SGCC. However, do note that all photography and recording is prohibited during screenings and concerts. Also, please understand that certain exhibitors, guests or cosplayers uncomfortable being photographed/filmed. So please ask for permission before shooting and if the answer is no, please respect their wishes.
Regional and local media will be covering SGCC. By attending SGCC, you are deemed to have given your consent to be photographed, interviewed or appear on camera. So smile and go along with the ride, who knows – it just might be your chance for your 5 seconds of fame!
SGCC guests will be on hand at their booths, signing autographs for fans. Requests for a personalised sketch etc. will be solely done at the discretion of each guest. Please respect their wishes when it comes to personalised sketches or photographs. SGCC guests will only sign official licensed merchandise. The number of items may vary depending on the queue situation and this will be sensibly determined by the SGCC staff.
Announced events, exhibitors and pop culture personalities are subjected to change and/or cancellation without notice. While every effort will be made to announce the changes on the SGCC website and social media channels, do note that last minute changes might occur.
We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free convention experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion.
What is harassment?
Harassment is any unwanted behaviour which humiliates, intimidates or offends a person and that is directed to the person because of his or her sex, race, disability, age or any other ground covered in anti-discrimination legislation.
Intention is not relevant in determining whether the conduct amounts to harassment. It is not necessary for the harassed person to have told the harasser that his or her behaviour was unwelcome or offensive.
Silence on the part of a person being harassed should not be taken as acceptance of the conduct. While harassment is usually a series of events and can take many forms, one act can be enough to be unlawful harassment.
We do not tolerate harassment of anyone in any form/nature. This includes, but not limited to:
- physical assault
- verbal harassment (related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion)
- sexual harassment (unwanted physical contact, unwanted advances, unwelcome sexual attention)
- Inappropriate photography.
Inappropriate photography is defined as photography where the subject feels they are being stalked, exploited, degraded, or disrespected through being photographed. While it is reasonable that photographers will be photographing cosplayers and other parts of the convention, should this photography become harassing or sexual in nature, the photographer will be subject to the above harassment policy. Sexual language and imagery is deemed not appropriate at any convention or convention venue.
Exhibitors in the exhibition hall, sponsors and/ or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing / uniforms / costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
What should I do if I am being harassed or see someone being harassed?
Harassment is defined by the victim. Any participants that has been reported to have violated this will be asked to stop all harassing behaviour and are required to comply immediately, failing which the organiser has the right to bring in the appropriate authorities to take over the matter.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of convention staff immediately.
Who should you look for?
Convention staff can be identified by their staff t-shirts and staff badges. If you cannot find a staff to assist you, please go to the security counters at the entrance of the exhibition floor.
Please report any concerns to us before taking matters into your own hands (such as personally confronting the aggressor or posting on social media). We have professional security personnel onsite and they are properly equipped to handle these matters.
What happens to violators?
Convention participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the convention (without a refund) at the discretion of the convention organiser.
The individual or group may be:
- Warned to cease and desist;
- Asked to leave the convention immediately, or;
- Banned from the convention.
- Handed over to the proper authorities
We expect participants to follow these rules at the convention venues and convention-related social events.